Specializing in Criminal Defense
It can be important for attorneys to specialize in a field of law. This allows an attorney to become an expert in one area, as the law is often complex and requires a great deal of study to understand and interpret correctly. Chuck Halverson has specialized in the field of Criminal Law, meaning that when it comes to defending clients from charges in criminal law cases, Chuck Halverson is among the top experts in the state of Minnesota.
Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Law by the Minnesota State Bar Association, Chuck Halverson offers services to clients in the following practice areas:
- DUI/DWI Charges: When you are charged with driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated, it is important not to underestimate the seriousness of the consequences. DUI and DWI charges could have long range consequences not only for your professional life, but for your social and personal life as well. Chuck Halverson has a great deal of experience defending clients who have been charged with DUI and DWI
- Homicide: Perhaps the most serious crime in the state of Minnesota, homicide cases are incredibly demanding. Chuck Halverson has experience defending clients against murder charges, and that experience is essential to getting a proper defense during a trial.
- DNR Violations: Hunting and fishing are incredibly popular activities in Northern Minnesota, both among those who live here and those visiting. But laws governing those activities can be complex, and it can be easy to suddenly find yourself in trouble with the DNR. In these cases, make sure you have good representation in the form of Chuck Halverson, who has experience helping clients through these matters.
- Traffic Violations: Though they may seem trivial at first, traffic violations can carry with them stiff penalties. If you want to fight any traffic violations, you will need the help of an experienced attorney to help you get the best possible out come according to the facts of your case.
- Drug Charges: These serious charges can cover a wide range of crimes, from misdemeanors to felonies. If you are faced with a drug charge, it is very important to have a highly qualified, experienced attorney defending you. Chuck Halverson has experience with many patients who have been confronted with drug charges, helping them get desirable outcomes and helping them keep their lives on track.
- Sex Crimes: Chuck Halverson is among the most experienced attorneys in northern Minnesota when it comes to defending clients who have been charged with sex crimes. These crimes cover a wide range of alleged activity, and the consequences of these charges can have far reaching effects, not only to your employment, but to your daily life. Make sure you have serious representation to face these serious charges.
- Probation Violation: Matters of probation violation can quickly land someone back in prison. When you have experienced, highly-qualified representation, you can help yourself get better outcomes, according to the facts of your case. Your attorney for probation violation matters does not have to be the same as your attorney when you were sentenced.
- Assault and Violent Crimes: There are few crimes that carry with them the harsh penalties of assault and violent crimes. If you find yourself facing these crimes, make sure that you enlist the aid of a highly qualified, highly respected attorney such as Chuck Halverson—an attorney who has experience with such serious charges.
- Theft, Burglary, Fraud and Embezzlement: Financial crimes can often have serious consequences, and they can be difficult to defend, as there is often a distinct paper trail involved. However, when you have an advocate such as Chuck Halverson working by your side, it’s possible to get a more desirable outcome, depending on the facts of your case.
Contact Chuck Halverson Today
The law can be a complex web of information. Chuck Halverson will take the time to make sure you understand the charges against you and how best to deal with them according to your best possible outcome. If you find yourself facing charges from traffic violations to assault of violent crimes charges, you can trust in the experience and expertise of Chuck Halverson. Contact us today.